- Bachelors degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, with GPA 7.0 or above
- Minimum of 2 years of process engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
Roles and Responsibilities
Process Engineers will be responsible for the following:
- Executing Facility Concept Selection and Pre-FEED
- Capable of leading capital project development or design efforts through the company Capital Project System
- Leading or as part of an integrated team, develop scope definition for various facility concepts and analyzing/recommending results to maximize business value. Ensure full alignment of recommended scope with Business Teams, Manufacturing Site/Operations, Process Technology Specialists and Engineering Specialists providing design input to cost estimating models.
- Develop required deliverables: Process Simulation models, Equipment Lists, Flow Diagrams (Block, Process, Utility), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Equipment Data Sheets, Layouts, Design Philosophies, Heat & Material Balances, Design Basis documentation, Optimization/Cost Reduction studies, Benchmarking facility design against previous projects / operating facilities
- Provide mentoring, oversight and perform technical reviews of the work of less experienced engineers, ensuring delivery of quality and capital efficiency while meeting schedule requirements
- Providing Engineering Surveillance of Facilities/Process Engineering deliverables required for FEED and Detailed Design/EPC execution.
- Ensuring compliance with job specification, design methods and safety factors are correctly applied in the design.
- Providing operability reviews for start-up, normal, turndown, and shutdown modes.
- Establishing design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Development and review of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), heat and material balances (H&MBs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) for process safety and operability considerations. Selection and specification of process and process control components
- Participate/lead design reviews, Risk Assessments, HAZOPs, vendor bid evaluations, and project readiness reviews
- Development of the schedule, recommended deliverables, and labor hour estimate for process engineering. Measurement and reporting of physical progress.
- Participate in planning and work allocation process for the process design discipline
- Develop planning documentation for internal company reviews for funding recommendation
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to operating facilities
- Troubleshoot equipment/processes including heat exchangers, separators, pump/compression units, fractionation units, acid gas treatment units, water treatment units, refrigeration and gas liquefaction units, process safety systems, and process control systems
- Analyze plant operating data (PI / XHQ / Uniformance / SEEQ) to support production optimization
- Evaluate existing equipment to identify debottlenecking opportunities to increase production
- Develop scope for facilities modifications
- Steward Management of Change including coordinating with other disciplines and operations, conducting risk reviews when appropriate, and updating documentation
- Create and modify process simulation.