Assistant Manager of Inventory Planning Cell contributes to Flipkart’s success by providing day on day/operational excellece via effective exuection skills to inventory planning team to optimize Inventory Plans and Management.
Incument will be providing analytical insights, inventory outlooks to Category Verticals, Downstream Supply Chain Design & Operations, Demand and Supply Planning functions, Product & tech and Business Finance.
Inbound & Space Planning assistant manager position reports to the Sr. Lead for Inventory planning and Retail Operations. Together with the team he would work closely with the Category Merchandise Managers, to set direction and priorities for the Inventory Policies ( defining how much , when and what ) in line with Flipkart Growth , Service and Efficiency goals measured as InStock%, Retail Cash flow, and Delivery SLAs. He would be part of a horizontal structure in between Flipkart Business Development and Supply Chain functions leading a matrix team. Understanding and balancing goals on both worlds becomes key to create enablements to succeed and deliver.
He will Model the Problem and Solution using a very factual management science based approach delivering decision models and execute the recommendations along with the stakeholders to deliver the results. He should typically
1. Drive horizontal efforts to improve working capital efficiency , forecast accuracy, service quality and overall business planning effectiveness
2. Drives top-down and bottom-up recurring inventory plans with the stakeholder team using a scientific Inventory Domain expertise resulting in the development, communication, and execution of inventory plans that achieve financial goals at product categorical levels.
3. Works deeply with Supply Chain team to deliver on designs and capacities to maintain service standards prescribed from time to time in short mid and long term in an ever evolving network footprint of Flipkart
4.. Communicates periodic inventory position to stakeholders and re-forecast in-season/recurring open-to-buy plans based on weekly, monthly and seasonal performance and provide recommendations that improve inventory productivity to maximize Cash Flow , InStock and Service
5. Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
6. Leverage expert knowledge, research to establish, implement and maintain best practices methodologies for inventory management
People who would fit the bill
1. 1-3 years of Merchandising Inventory Management experience including management, forecasting, replenishment, allocation and analysis
2. Knowledge of retail, merchandising and end-to-end supply chain process in a multi-channel distributed Supply Chain environment
3. Strong belief in how Technology can solve problems in scalable way and clear bias in use of systems daily
4. Must have demonstrated knowledge of mathematical modeling and problem solving using very scientific operational research based approach. Should have strong number bias and be able to work in modeling tools like R , Shiney , Sql , SPSS etc
5.Strong ability to perform in highly ambiguous environment with ever changing job descriptions, juggling multiple projects
6. Ability to perform without demanding clarity and handholding is must for the Job
Skills Required :
Business Accumen, Data Analysis & Insights.
Skills Required: Sql,R
©2123 Recruiter Services Pvt Ltd, All rights reserved.